The Innovation Community of Practice for Africa facilitates collaboration among individuals at the forefront of innovation in Africa, who are developing cutting edge innovations, or have a proven expertise and passion for innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa. The Community of Practice is formed around the shared commitments its members to innovation and entrepreneurship in Africa.
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose of the network is to spur stakeholder action in defining, positioning and recommending appropriate approaches to innovation in Africa. Through this Community, innovators and entrepreneurs can share experiences and best practice and create avenues for collaborations and partnerships.
The specific objectives are to:
- Lead discussions on innovation development in Africa from cross-sector and multidisciplinary perspectives;
- Provide expert support to young innovators and entrepreneurs in Africa;
- Disseminate cutting-edge research on innovation and entrepreneurshipin Africa;
Members of the Community are drawn from sectors critical to Africa’s transformation. These include, but not limited to:
- Agriculture and Agribusiness
- Education and Educational Technologies
- Financial Sector Technologies
- Health and Social Inclusion
- Water and Sanitation
- Environment and Climate Change
- Industrial Production and Trade
- 4IR and Related Technologies