Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Thomas J.D. Murphy
    Participant

Hi all,

In already water scarce areas of the continent, and in environmentally sensitive areas, Africa would be wise to utilize decentralized industrial process water resource recovery infrastructure assets to accommodate sustainable growth, and not repeat the mistakes seen in Asia. Eliminate waterborne pollution, recover freshwater and other resources found in wastewater for reuse/resale, lower operations costs, and strengthen area population health, wellbeing, and overall economic capabilities…

From UNESCAP, “Though the manufacturing sector has been a key
    driver of growth across Asia, it is also the source of
    critical environmental problems, including the surge
    of water resource use and water pollution.”

https://www.unescap.org/sites/default/files/Tackling%20Industrial%20Water%20Pollution_Policy%20Brief_2019_1_0.pdf

anita nchat kevin
    Participant

Hello Thomas.
    How can this education be a driver to achieving this goal?

Thomas J.D. Murphy
    Participant

Hi Anita, thank you for the interest. When you say “this education” are you referring to the InnovACTION program, or education in general?

The Program can help me better understand what investors are looking for to put their money and resources into African based SDG and Impact initiatives.

We can also educate the public about the health, economic, environmental, and well-being benefits of new infrastructure technologies, and the dangers of trying to follow the path of the mistaken… More or less…

Thoughts?

Best,
    Thomas

anita nchat kevin
    Participant

I mean education as a business sector. I am looking at how to contribute as an educator.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.