Home Forums General Innovation Competences Disruptive Innovations Navigating Disruptions in Africa

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

What changes do we see around us in Africa that are disrupting the way we live? What solutions can innovators provide to help Africans manage disruptive vulnerabilities? What are the various paths to building viability into our projects?

Akligoh Harry
    Participant

Thank you very much Foster. There are obviously several disruptions right now that is waving around in Africa. One of such for me is the re-emergence of old diseases. How can we manage this disruption, first off, data is the answer. Developing digital solutions to actively harness the rich and diverse data in Africa’s health ecosystem is one surest way of raising new biomedical science questions which in turn informs research.

To build viability into a project it’s important to build resilience, trust anchored on good relationships.

Anita Nchat Kevin
    Participant

for me the major disruption is in information technology the Africa must either accept to have a significant online presence or loss out on the global economy.

Alvin Ocholi
    Participant

The reset that covid 19 pandemic and the resultant convergence towards digital business,virtual events and mobile money has neccessitated a total mind shift and adoption of tech enabled solutions in africa.

Thomas J.D. Murphy
    Participant

My focus is on rapid population growth and urbanization in Africa. The decentralized infrastructure assets such as solar power and water/wastewater treatment systems can provide rapid infrastructure growth at relatively low capital costs in comparison to major centralized projects. Energy and water centralized infrastructure assets are often initially underused for their optimal capacities, or do not sufficiently accommodate a region’s entire population. Decentralization solves these problems.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.